Lead Test Engineer
Lead Test Engineer
Do you want to be responsible for designing and executing test cases and reporting on the quality of our software?
You will be based in Amsterdam and will be joining a high performing team who work closely together and have their own expertise and focus.
Connect4Shore is an exciting scale-up, with even a large customer base like the big Ports in the Netherlands, Belgium and other European expansion. It’s currently in full swing developing a new user- service and payment solution focused on Maritime. This will replace the earlier platform and through providing services like “Onshore Power Supply” (OPS) it’s even participating in a greener future. In order for Connect4Shore to achieve maximum potential with a versatile platform it needs a good software tester!
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, critical, has a desire to improve what has seen before and has the ability to deliver that vision. The role requires an individual who can communicate with a variety of stakeholders to capture high level requirements and acceptance criteria and then translate them into executable test cases.
Beside your role as a Lead test engineer, you are the link between development and operations, it is your task to act as a hands-on ‘Jack of all trades’. You are in charge of all incoming tickets and making sure, you resolve them by the team.
Your responsibilities as a Lead Test Engineer:
- Work with internal stakeholders, project managers and clients to analyze and clarify requirements before producing test cases for App, API, IVR and Web;
- Assist the team in being responsible for output of the test effort;
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of an automation framework;
- Help triage failed automated test runs;
- Develop test cases; work closely with developers to ensure the deliverables’ quality fit with functional design specifications;
- Execute test cases;
- Record and manage issues;
- Follow test methodology, processes and procedures;
- Regression testing;
- Make sure that our service is continuous for all our customers and solve technical issues presented by the Manager Operations.
Some terms and skills you are familiar with:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing test automation preferably using C# or an equivalent Object Oriented compiled language;
- Experience contributing to building automation testing frameworks and libraries required Strong SQL skills;
- Experience testing web APIs (such as REST / SOAP experience and knowledge of test methodologies (ISTQB/T-Map), certification is an asset;
- Understanding of scripting languages;
- Experience and knowledge of Selenium and C#;
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban and Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Passionate about engineering and influencing product quality;
- Comfortable working in a small team with sharp coworkers with diverse backgrounds and job skills;
- A proven hands-on attitude and are not afraid of rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done and provide the required technical support;
- Self-motivated with strong decision-making skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
This is what we do:
- We inspire you be the best version of you;
- We believe in the principle: Work hard, play hard, so we always have fun;
- We have sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment;
- We give you the opportunity to make the difference, especially in this combined function.
Do you think you are the person for this vacancy, and do you think we should drink a cup of coffee? Then send your resume including a motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.